From Covid Shots to Healthcare Revolution: A Glance at PM Modi's 9-Year Journey of Monumental Triumphs
- Posted on May 26, 2023
- By Top Stories
- 36 Views
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to commemorate his ninth year in office on May 30, marking a significant milestone in his leadership. Over the course of the past nine years, the Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government has implemented a range of transformative programs and initiatives that have brought about significant changes in the lives of the people. Despite facing numerous challenges during his second term in office, Prime Minister Modi's decisive leadership and strong political victory have helped overcome these obstacles.
To celebrate this occasion, the saffron camp, referring to the BJP, is planning to organize approximately 50 rallies across the country between May 30 and June 30. Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself will lead the charge and address several of these rallies. During these events, the Prime Minister will enumerate the numerous achievements and programs that have been launched in recent years. Furthermore, BJP National President JP Nadda will hold a press conference to highlight the accomplishments of the Modi government.
Outlined below are nine key achievements of the Modi 2.0 government that have stood out:
1. Abrogation of Article 370: In a historic move on August 5, 2019, Union Home Minister Amit Shah successfully passed a bill in Parliament to revoke Article 370, thereby integrating the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh into the mainstream. This decision effectively ended the special status previously granted to Jammu and Kashmir.
2. Ram Mandir in Ayodhya: Fulfilling a long-standing promise, the construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya has commenced after Prime Minister Modi laid its foundation stone in August 2020. The temple is expected to be completed by 2023, and the inauguration is scheduled for January 24, 2023, just a few months before the next elections. The BJP takes great pride in the fact that this initiative fulfills the aspirations of millions of Hindus who hold deep reverence for Lord Ram.
3. Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav: As India celebrates its 75th year of independence, the government launched the "Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav" program, a comprehensive initiative that honors the contributions of individuals who participated in India's struggle for freedom. This campaign encompasses a wide range of activities, including programs organized by the Ministry of Culture and India's representation as the Country of Honour at the Cannes Film Festival, showcasing the nation's vibrant democracy and rich cultural heritage.
4. Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY): During the initial wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, Prime Minister Modi announced the PMGKAY scheme, which aimed to provide free rations to marginalized sections of society. This program was subsequently extended during the second wave and continued until March 2022, benefitting 80 crore beneficiaries who received free monthly rations.
5. Vaccination for all and Ayushman Bharat: Prime Minister Modi's government launched the world's largest vaccination drive to combat the challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic. India has administered over 193 crore vaccine doses so far, successfully vaccinating a significant portion of its population, including adolescents between the ages of 15 and 18. Additionally, India has extended support to neighboring countries through the Vaccine Maitri scheme, providing them with much-needed vaccines. The Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, a national public health insurance fund, has also witnessed over 22 crore registrations, ensuring access to health insurance for low-income earners in India.
6. Rescue operations from Afghanistan and Ukraine: Under Prime Minister Modi's leadership, the government launched Operation Devi Shakti to evacuate stranded Indians from Afghanistan after the Taliban takeover. Over 700 individuals were successfully rescued. Another noteworthy achievement was the rescue operation conducted in war-torn Ukraine, where the central government safely evacuated approximately 23,000 students, including foreign nationals. To oversee these operations, four union ministers were appointed as special envoys to neighboring countries, further emphasizing the government's commitment to assisting its citizens abroad.
7. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi: This scheme entails the direct transfer of Rs 6,000 per year, distributed in three installments of Rs 2,000 each, to the bank accounts of farmers. The 11th installment of this scheme will be transferred on May 31 in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Shimla. Notably, as a gesture of respect for farmers, the government has also repealed the controversial farm laws. Prime Minister Modi expressed regret that he was unable to effectively communicate the benefits of these reforms to the farming community.
8. Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana: Launched in 2015, this scheme aims to provide affordable housing to all segments of society. As of March 2020, more than 2 crore people have been provided homes under this initiative. The BJP has achieved electoral success in various states, including forming the government in Assam for the second consecutive term.
9. Development of indigenous vaccines in record time: India not only vaccinated its own population but also extended support to neighboring nations through the Vaccine Maitri initiative. Furthermore, the government's Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has witnessed over 22 crore registrations, highlighting its objective to provide free health insurance coverage to low-income individuals.
These achievements serve as a testament to the transformative policies and initiatives undertaken by the Modi government during its second term in office. They have significantly impacted the lives of the people and demonstrate the government's commitment to addressing crucial issues, fostering development, and upholding the aspirations of the nation.
For more updates keep visiting our website www.topstoriesworld.com where we provide unbiased, true and top stories of the world.