Airtel Payments Bank Introduced Face Authentication KYC
- Posted on November 29, 2022
- By Akta Yadav
- 73 Views
On November 22, 2022, Airtel Payments Bank announced to launch of a new system i.e. Face Authentication (Face Recognition) -based computer technology for the account opening process for customers. The Payments Bank said the facility would further ease account opening, making it seamless and convenient for new customers. Airtel Payments Bank is the first Payments Bank in the country to offer this facility. The Payments Bank said the new facility would help business correspondents (BCs) of the bank to open an account just by undertaking face authentication through electronic know-your-customers (e-KYC). The authentication is processed using a newly developed mobile application by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the Payments Bank said, adding that, the business correspondent will now only need a smartphone to open an account. The bank will make this facility available across all its 500,00 Banking Points by the end of this year.
- How will it Work
- MD and CEO of Airtel Payments Bank said:
- Key points
- According to the MD & CEO of the Bank, use Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer technology / Machine Language (ML) based Face Authentication (Face Recognition) RD Application
- It will help in preventing fraud by matching the person’s photo to the image recorded in Aadhaar and enabling secure user onboarding.
- Aadhaar-based OTP or fingerprint biometric authentication was previously required for customers to open an account with Airtel Payment Bank.
- Earlier a customer is required to provide an OTP based on their Aadhaar or their fingerprint for biometric authentication to register an account with Airtel Payment Bank.