Breaking News
1. Rouse Avenue Court extends judicial custody of Manish Sisodia and other accused till July 26      2. Supreme Court hearing NEET-UG issue      3. Singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan arrested in Dubai: Reports      4. Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma meets PM Narendra Modi in Delhi      5. India needs to strike balance between import of goods and FDI inflows from China: CEA      6. INDIA bloc to convene meeting tomorrow      7. India's forex reserves surge to record high of $666.85 billion as of July 12      8. Hatred is in the veins of BJP: AAP MP Sanjay Singh      9. Union Home Minister Amit Shah chairs high level meeting with various Heads of Security and Law Enforcement Agencies      10. UP Vidhan Sabha session will begin from July 29      11. Indrani Mukerjea allowed 10-day abroad travel by special CBI court in Mumbai      12. Andhra Pradesh: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari visits Tirumala Venkateshwara Temple in Tirupati      13. Encounter breaks out in J-K's Doda      14. Moderate to heavy rain is expected in Mumbai, its suburbs today      15. Karnataka: Truck and tanker drivers stranded in Akola's Shirur due to landslide      16. Heavy rainfall triggers waterlogging in Mumbai      17. Navdeep Singh farmer activist walks out of jail after getting bail      18. NCB arrests man wanted in Rs 60 crore mephedrone seizure case      19. PM Modi likely to visit BJP headquarters on Thursday, to address party workers: Report      20. Union Cabinet to meet tomorrow, 18th July at 10:30 AM: Report     

76% Of Rs 2,000 Notes Returned To Banks: RBI

  • Posted on July 3, 2023
  • News
  • By Ishna
  • 272 Views
RBI , TSW News, Latest News


In an intriguing revelation, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) disclosed that a staggering 76% of the ₹2,000 notes in circulation have made their way back to banks. This significant portion primarily came through deposits, as per the central bank's statement on Monday.

76% Of Rs 2,000 Notes Returned To Banks
Image used for representational purpose only. | Photo Credit: Ragu R. Caption

To recall, on May 19, the RBI declared the withdrawal of the ₹2,000 notes from circulation, granting the public time until September 30 to either deposit these currency notes in their bank accounts or exchange them for other denominations.


The data compiled from banks revealed that the cumulative value of returned ₹2,000 bank notes amounted to ₹2.72 lakh crore by June 30, 2023, subsequent to the announcement made in May. Consequently, as of the close of business on June 30, the ₹2,000 bank notes remaining in circulation stood at ₹0.84 lakh crore, as confirmed by the central bank.

76% Of Rs 2,000 Notes Returned To Banks: RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) disclosed that a staggering 76% of the ₹2,000 notes

Analysis of the collected data from major banks unveiled that out of the total ₹2,000 banknotes returned, approximately 87% were in the form of deposits, while the remaining 13% had been exchanged for banknotes of other denominations.


This revelation underscores the substantial impact of the withdrawal announcement, leading to a significant reduction in the circulation of ₹2,000 notes, thereby reshaping the monetary landscape of the country.


For more updates keep visiting our website www.topstoriesworld.com where we provide unbiased, true and top stories of the world. 

Author
No Image
Ishna

You May Also Like