MENTAL HEALTH: Why is it Important to Express Feeling
- Posted on November 18, 2022
- By Akta Yadav
- 60 Views
In the modern world, Mental Health becomes a topic of concern. Emotional health is important for overall health. Somewhere and somehow today’s new generation is struggling with mental issues like depression and anxiety. We all are aware of it but we don’t talk about it, some time for a person who is suffering from depression is difficult to talk about it because they don’t know what they are going through and this makes it a matter of concern. Sometimes talking to someone who can help us to save ourselves from losing ourselves is a blessing. This won’t make you weak or dependent.
How to improve mental health
Mental health or emotional health is directly connected to our physical health. An emotionally healthy person knows how to control their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are calm and stay away from problems and live life in peace. Having good mental health does not mean that you are happy all the time but you are having peace of mind and feel good about yourself and others. By improving mental health, one can deal with positivity and negativity with calmness. It’s not like you will stop feeling anger, sadness, and stress but you are aware of your emotion. To be mentally healthy is not magic but it is a skill that can be upskilled with every passing day.
Steps to Improve Mental Health
There are different paths to improve emotional health.
- Try to find out the reason behind your sadness, frustration, or anger, and be aware of your emotions.
- If something is bothering you, let people close to you know what is the issue and express your feelings.
- Give yourself time to understand things. Don’t react without thinking because you may regret it.
- Use relaxation methods and tricks to manage your stress.
- Practice a balanced lifestyle where you can give proper time to your personal and professional life
- Take care of yourself because it is mandatory to be physically healthy.
- Go on a lunch date with your close people, meet strangers, join the groups and socialize more and more and try to improve positive connections with others.
- Try to be positive and find your purpose, this will give you a direction and will help you to find out what is meaningful to you.
How Mental Health affects daily life
Mental health has a direct correlation with physical health. Any person with poor mental health suffers from high blood pressure, heart condition, and obesity. When you are suffering from mental health you are not able to think properly, it affects your thought process. It plays a vital role in how you feel. People with depression feel difficulty paying attention and they start having an irregular sleep cycle, it is hard to sleep with stress and anxiety. People with bad sleep cycle experience poor mental health.
People with mental health issues don’t know how to deal with ups and downs, they start reacting without thinking and they make a decision that harms them mentally and sometimes physically.
If one is dealing with poor mental health should speak and express themselves to others. It is really important to cure the condition on time. Not only the person who is suffering from depression should understand it but sometimes people around them should understand their feelings without saying.